Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Its been a while! I stopped updating this blog a couple of years ago because once chemo was over and things had returned mostly to normal I figured I could put it all behind me. My journey was over, right?

Wrong! I have come to realize that as a cancer survivor, your journey is never really over. It changes who you are inside. It is an experience I have come to appreciate after a couple of years just how much so. You may not think about it for a few days or so, but then someone mentions that they or someone they know has cancer, or has lost the battle with cancer, and it brings it all back. Wham! I still can have a bowel movement on occasion and the toxic chemotherapy chemical odor will be there, which means that even after more than two years after finishing chemo, the chemicals are still affecting my body. My balance is seriously messed up still, and is a constant reminder of what has been. But, on the positive side, I get so many people ask about how I am doing or say they are still praying for me. And that makes it all worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment