Monday, February 10, 2014

Dragon Breath

In the latest "Hobbit" movie, there is a dragon that belches fire. Before he does, his whole insides glow. This is what I feel like now while eating something spicy! 

I mentioned in an earlier post about the fact that before chemo started, I loved spicy food. Now, though, even the mildest of spices sets off my dragon breath and I feel I will roast the table if I happen to sneeze. The other day I ordered boneless wings with spicy barbecue sauce, normally quite a bit milder than I normally would order. Five minutes later I am sitting there with tears running down my face and my nose running like a faucet. My mouth id burning and I'm gulping water. If I had ordered what I usually do, the extra hot buffalo wings, I would spontaneously combust right then and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment