Monday, August 26, 2013

Dr Appointment Today

Saw Dr. Waples today to solidify the stsrt date for my chemo treatments, which will begin on September 9. Now that the date has been set, I feel pretty good.  Now i've got something to look forward to. What, am I nuts? Who looks forward to chemo?! I don't mean it in the way of anticipating a pleasant event, like a concert or party, but it is something concrete in my treatment, a known in a sea of unknowns, so I can grasp on to it. It is a starting point. "Follow the chemo brick road!"

Yes, I am a little apprehensive, a little nervous, but I am ready. My Monday session will be three hours, then I will be sent home with a meter to cuddle up and sleep with. Then I will come back Tuesday for a two hour session, and Wednesday I come back and they disconnect the meter. I know, I know...your heart is about to explode with excitement! All I know is I had better be bringing plenty of good reading material! After all, what can be more fun than sitting still in a room for that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment