Friday, August 23, 2013

To Start or Not To Start

I have an appointment with my oncologist this Monday, and I can start my chemo treatments then. On the other hand, it will not hurt to put it off two weeks, so I am torn as to whether I should wait. Why, because I am nervous about starting? No, because I want to rock!

Before this chemo business came up, I bought concert tickets to see Iron Maiden in Nashville. UP THE IRONS! I have been waiting 28 years to be able to see them again. Even if I have to be in the back of an ambulance and have them pull up to the stage, I am going to go and have a good time! The only concern is, with the concert being 11 days after my first treatment (if I were to start Monday), will I be too wiped out to really enjoy the headbanging to the fullest. If I put the first treatment off for two weeks, until after the concert, it will be in December before my treatments are done, as opppsed to around Turkey Day if I start them soon. So, to start or not to start, that is the question.

Update: on the side of caution, I have decided to start my chemo in two weeks, after the concert. You"ve got to have priorities, and seeing Iron Maiden is on my bucket list. So, if my cancer comes back someday and I kick the bucket, I will have one less item on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment