Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chemo's Eve

Tomorrow is the big day! A big thank you to my wife and daughter for correcting me about my appointment time. I thought it was at 1:20, but they knew it was at 11:00! If not for them, I would have come sauntering into the doctor's office a couple of hours late. The nurses stares could pierce my skin better than any needle if that happened!

My daughter's best friend's mother called earlier today to ask about me, but I missed the call. She underwent six rounds of chemo last year, so I will call her later tonight and get some advice as to what to expect.

The great thing about getting cancer, going through surgery and chemo treatments is finding out how many people care about you and are praying for you, some that you may know only in a nominal way. It really is incredible, like having an invisible army supporting you. It is human nature when you have a disease such as cancer, heart disease and such to get down and question "why" on occasion. Just know that God has not forgotten you, and neither have numerous others.

Well, getting to bed early tonight, and getting my reading material ready. Wanting to get the anticipation over and getstarted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment