Friday, September 6, 2013

Up the Irons!



This post may be a little off-topic, as it has nothing directly to do with my cancer, except for the fact that I put off my first chemo treatment until after the Iron Maiden concert.  I was afraid that if I had started my treatments, possibly I might be too tired or too sick at my stomach or something to go and enjoy the show.  After all, I have been waiting 28 years to see Iron Maiden live again.  So, last night me and my daughter went to the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville to take in the concert.  The verdict?  I have no regrets whatsoever about putting my chemo treatment off!  I was a rocking, headbanging, fist-pumping, drooling, screaming, sweating teen again last night!  Yes, this morning, I feel like I'm about 70; sore, deaf, and can't speak.  But last night was absolutely euphoric.  We stood the whole time Maiden was on stage, which was about an hour and forty five minutes, so if I had started my chemo treatments last week, I don't think I could have probably done it.  Now I am at peace with starting them this upcoming week.  T - 3 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment