Monday, September 16, 2013

Cruel and Unusual

I had a quick follow-up appointment with my surgeon today.  A few minutes is all it took, and I was good to go.  My daughter went with me, as she hadn't had anything going today, so we spent a little quality time together as she rode down to Huntsville with me.  Now, I can't remember if I mentioned this before in another post, but one of the chemo medicines interacts with anything cold.  Thus, no ice cream, slushes, very refrigerated drinks, or, my and my daughter's favorite, a Starbucks Frappucino until after chemo ends!

After my daughter gets her traditional cafe mocha frappucino and I order a salt caramel latte (hot), I make the casual remark that I wish they had something blueberry or raspberry flavored.  Having spent four years in California while going to college, obviously my daughter has a master's degree in Starbucks and proceeds to inform me that Starbucks has a secret menu only available on their web site!  Maybe this is old news to some of you mocha aficionados, but I had never heard of this!  Why wasn't it on their menu?  That would be like me having a "secret motorcycle" for sale, but you could only see it on our web site, not on our showroom!

Anyway, she gets my phone, goes to the Starbucks web site, and for fifteen minutes names off eight pages or so worth of frappucinos not listed on the menu, but that are available to order. And some of them sounded extremely good!  So, I'm going, "Wow!  Maybe next time I'll try that chocalate covered strawberry...wait just a second!  I can't have any frappucinos until MARCH!"  This, of course, struck my daughter as hilarious, and I'm teasing her about only naming all this stuff off to tease me.  Cruel and unusual punishment!  :-)

However, there was one Starbucks secret drink that was hot that really appealed to me, especially if I ever need an instant pick-me-up.  It's called "Liquid Cocaine"!  Four shots of espresso in that baby!  Whooooooo!  Sometime when I need to stay awake for about 41 hours, that will be my drink of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment