Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Round Two Under Way

Round two of 12 chemo treatments is nearly in the books( or veins, if you will).  And, aside from a cough that may or may not be related to the chemo, I feel really good.  Everything is holding up very well so far.

The length of the chemo treatments, three hours one day, two hours the next, has not been a problem. I figured I would be bored to tears, but the time passes by fairly quickly.  Plus, they have a pick of several snacks, juices, even Ensure all for free. How cool is that? Clearview Cancer Institute almost makes treatments (dare I say) fun.

I wear my meter that is attached to my port over my shoulder and under a button-up shirt, so I can hide it well. At night, I have to sleep with it just to the side of my pillow, but it is easy to get used to. This second time around with the meter has been a little better on me psychologically also. The first time, it almost felt tied down to things, like I was a prisoner for three days. Sometimes it became tempting to just tearing the needle out of my chest and being freed. This time, though, I haven't been as claustrophobic feeling.

Tomorrow is simply getting disconnected from my meter and getting the gigantic shot that is supposed to help keep my blood count up. After that, I'll see how I feel. All things cosidered, though, I am very optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment