Monday, September 9, 2013

Gentlemen, Start Your Chemo!

First chemo treatment was today, and so far I feel perfect - well, as perfect as you can be with a needle in your chest, and a line going down to a portable meter strapped around your waist. Other than that, though, so far so good.  The meter keeps wanting to fall down around my ankles when I walk, even when I think I've tightened the strap. I have to walk bow legged just to keep it up. Now I know why the gunslingers in the west walked like that! 

Everything went very smooth in the treatment room. I was in a recliner, so I just laid back, took a nap, had a few snacks, and read.  Before I knew it, three hours were up! Tomorrow is another two hour treatment, so we'll see how I feel after that. At least now I know kind of what to expect in the treatment room.

No comments:

Post a Comment